A REAL Feel Good Food for Summer!
Grab a Spoon!
Warm weather is here (for most of us…) and that means the temptation for cold treats is at its high. Packing on the poundage from a few indulgent treats can make us loathe pool party invites or slip n slide play with our mini-me’s. Thankfully, there is hope for our tastebuds… the kind of hope that the kids love just as much as our hips. Eating well is important. Training for a marathon requires nutrient packed meals and snacks, AND raising toddlers demands the same healthy perfection. I’m proud of my body and the shape I’m in, which means I’m not going to throw all my hard work down the drain with one cool snack. Enter Greek Yogurt. Rich, creamy, protein powered greek yogurt.
I know I’m not the only one who wants to look and feel my best during these summer months. However, I know exercising, and maintaining a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle can be daunting, but with the right tools it can be as easy as picking up a spoon! This spring, Keri Glassman and Dannon Oikos are encouraging you to ‘Grab a Spoon ‘til June’ with rich and creamy 0% fat Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt to help you stay on track towards your goals while at the same time adding spice to your normal routine!
Here are some of tips from Keri to help you get started – be sure to visit OikosYogurt.com for more tips, messages, advice, recipes and more – and when it’s snack time, don’t forget to Grab a Spoon!
- Every Meal Is A “Monday Morning”. Focus on eating better, one meal at a time. Otherwise it can be easy to get discouraged – forget the worry! Your only mission: Make the next meal you eat nutritious, balanced and satisfying.
- Don’t Eat Around A Craving. Honor your craving with a conscious indulgence – take a few deep breaths and find a healthy alternative! Try satisfying your sweet tooth with Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt, it is nutritious but still has an incredible taste.
- No-Excuses Exercise. Sometimes the biggest barrier to working out is just getting there so a good option can be to make it as easy as possible—throw in a workout DVD or even going for a walk takes away excuses and gets you moving!
- Satisfying Proteins. A moderate-protein balanced diet with a reasonable amount of fiber, carbohydrates and the appropriate amount of healthy fats is the best way to maintain a healthy weight. Dairy is a great source of protein, try a creamy Greek nonfat yogurt like Dannon Oikos®–it has twice the protein of regular lowfat yogurt.
The Pretty Little Numbers:
2 Oikos Greek Nonfat yogurt: 12 -14g Protein (24%DV), Regular lowfat yogurt: 5g protein (10%DV) per 5.3oz… Thats more than double the protein of regular lowfat yogurt. Protein is the key to my body sculpting, so you can bet your sweet little tushie I’m grabbin a spoon along with you!
Favorite Ways to Scoop it:
- Mix 1 serving of Dannon Oiskos Greek Yogurt with 1 scoop of NanoPRO PRP Superfood – Tastes like a delicious and light desert of vanilla goodness! Low fat, high protein and light on the calories!
- Mix 1 serving of Dannon Oiskos Greek Yogurt with a half a cup of frozen berries – Think Froyo shop in your kitchen!
- Mix 1 serving of Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup slivered almonds or crushed walnuts – more crunchalicious protein that satisfies your sweet tooth!
- Use it in place of sour cream on tacos, chili or mexican dishes
Disclaimer: I have partnered with Dannon to help promote the Dannon Oikos Greek Grab a Spoon campaign. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes writing about the promotion and product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.