MoveIt MOM Move: SPIDER Time
I am happy to introduce you all to one of my FAVORITE moves: The Spider! Its tough, its awkward and it really… really works!
The beauty of this move is that it hits four major muscles in one single motion. It screams six-pack worthy by targeting the rectus abdominis muscles all the while firing up the deltoids for beautiful shoulders, gluteus maximus (can you say squeeze worthy tush?) and quadriceps to help define your thighs.
Ready to work? Grab your mat!
1. Begin in a plank position, elongate your spine, engage your abdominal muscles and position your hands directly under your shoulders.
2. While maintaining alignment, bend your right knee and bring it out to your right side so that your leg is parallel to the ground and your knee is in line with your hip. This movement is performed at the same moment you bend at the elbow and go down into a pushup.
3. Return your right leg back to start when you raise back up to plank position.
4. Repeat for the other side. Bend your left knee and bring it out to your left side so that your leg is parallel to the ground and your knee is in line with your hip while moving to the down position of a pushup.
5. Return your left leg back to start and finish in plank position to complete one rep.
6. Repeat for one minute.
Exercises that focus on more than one major muscle group at a time increase the burn by providing cardio with strength! Pairing these together can rev your metabolic rate, providing results much quicker! Makes you want to act like that creeping thing on your garage floor, doesn’t it!